Wednesday 13 October 2010

linking learning with facebook - an rss feed from elearning blog into students facebook profiles

The idea looks good on paper, Facebook has several RSS tool that allow RSS feeds to populate different areas of Facebook with content streams. But, what hits me is the privacy issue of encouraging students to add applications that I have no definite knowledge that they would have their privacy compromised.

RSS Graffiti has all the right capabilities but wants access to large amounts of my profile. It also has no links to privacy or legal statements.

http://blogging4good.blogspot.com/2010/07/rss-graffiti-automatic-updates-of-your.html

I guess I can mention it

Back to the drawing board

Jim

Posted via email from abstractrabbit's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment