Thursday 16 December 2010

[ALT] Blogging in HE - a good example of a academic blog

Simon Brookes

Senior Lecturer at Portsmouth University. Professional interestes include Enterprise Education, Alternate Reality Games and technology for teaching.

I have been using the Posterous blog platform as a formative

learning/reflection tool for my classes for a couple of years now.

Posterous is great because students can email contributions to the blog

directly (and include images, movies etc) without needing access to the

blog interface.

The way I use it is pretty simple.  We do activities in class

(lecture/workshop) then I task the students with "homework" which

normally involves some form of personal application of the classroom

learning.  They summarise this as a blog post.

You can see my current cohort's efforts here:

http://eio.posterous.com/

Posted via email from abstractrabbit (Jim Turner) posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment